Please take the time to read and understand this Policy; by using our Services (as defined in our Terms) you are agreeing to its terms.
Our full name is Qoob Limited Limited (“Qoob”). We are a limited company and our registered address is 35A South Street, London, W1K 2XF. When we refer to “we” or “our” in this Policy, we are referring to Qoob.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK. We are the “data controller” of the personal data you provide to us. This is a legal term used to describe the person or organisation which controls the way personal data is used and processed. Some but not all of the information you provide to us will be personal data. Any data which identifies you as an individual will be personal data.
What information do we collect from you and when?
We collect the following information from you.
• Technical information about the devices you use to access our Services, including geographic location for the device.
• Details of your use of our Services including location data.
• Details about your actual location.
• What you view, click on and access and the time when you do so.
• Any messages you send in the course of using our Services.
• The identities of the person to whom you send messages. How do we collect your information?
• We collect information about you when you sign up for or log in to our Services.
• Emails or messages you send to us or that we might send to you.
• Your use of “like” buttons and similar functions.
We may also collect information about you if you have consented to other organisations sharing that information with us or with organisations like us.
We track how often you use our Services by using tracking technology built into our apps.
Where we store your personal data
When you use our Services we will store certain information in server logs. That information will typically be internet protocol (IP) addresses, details of the internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, viewed and exit pages and data time stamps.
Security of your information
The information we receive reaches us electronically originating from your device. Where it is within our control we will put measures in place to ensure that “inflight” data is secure. However we use appropriate procedures and technical security measures to safeguard your information across all our computer networks. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of information transmitted to us.
How long do we keep your information?
To make sure we meet our Data Protection obligations, we only keep your information for as long as we actually need to do so. In most cases this means we will keep your information for as long as you continue to use our Services. After that we will either delete it or anonymise it so that it cannot be linked back to you.
How do we use your information?
We use information held about you for the following purposes.
• To provide you with our mobile app, which all require a certain amount of technical information to work properly.
• To power our security measures and services so you can safely access our Services. It also lets us do things that should recognise your username and password, as well as reset them if you happen to forget what they are.
• To contact you from time to time regarding things you have told us you want to hear about. This could be special offers, new products or events. If you use our app, we may highlight certain offers or events that may be of interest to you.
• To respond to any social media posts or other public comments that you might make, whether they are directed to us or about us or our Services.
• To advertise products or services to you on your favourite social media site such as Facebook or Twitter.
• To tell you about any changes to our Services.
• To gather statistics about how you and other people use our Services and what you think of our advertisements, product information, social media and other content. We analyse this data to see if what we do is interesting to people and meets their needs or whether it can be improved and if so, what changes can be made.
• To monitor how people use our Services to see if they are being abused or threatened for example by internet trolls.
• To allow us to understand our customer base across all our businesses both online and elsewhere. We merge your details with information from other customers and other users of our Services. This is done on an anonymous and aggregated basis. We can then spot trends and factors and try to match our Services to the things we believe you and other people like you would be most interested in. We look at trends based on people’s geographic location, behaviours etc.
Who do we share your information with?
We cannot provide our Services without involving other people and organisations from time to time. When we share your information we want you to know that we only do so in accordance with our Data Protection obligations.
We will share information with other companies who advertise their products and services on our app so that they can better understand the profile of our customers who buy our Services. However all the information we share is collected and anonymised so that neither you nor any of your devices can be identified. The information enables our advertisers to reach the kind of audience they wish to target.
We may also share your personal data with such companies but only if you have given us your prior consent.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access any personal data held by us. Your right of access can be exercised by making a request to us and on payment of a fee of £10 to meet our costs. You can contact us in the “Contact us” section below.
Updates to this Policy
We may need to update this Policy from time to time as our business changes. We will endeavour to tell you in advance. Otherwise please look out for the flags on our app which indicate that we have changed this Policy. If you continue to use our Services after we have changed our Policy we will take it that you have accepted the changes.
If you would like to understand your Data Protection rights in full then please go to the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) online at www.ico.org.uk. The ICO regulates the Data Protection Act 1998 and there is some useful guidance available on the website.
You are welcome to get in touch with us to discuss your information at any time. The easiest way is by email to